Full course description
Introduction to Coding
Introduction to Coding is a full course that combines four micro-courses: Object-Oriented Programming, Programming in Java, Data Structures, and Relational Databases and SQL.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain basic object-oriented programming fundamentals such as encapsulation, inheritance, abstraction, and polymorphism
- Construct basic Java application logic and code, such as variables, conditional and iterative execution, methods, loops, etc.
- Identify how common data structures are implemented and be able to appropriately leverage the Java Collection API
- Apply algorithmic logic for sorting, searching, and other foundational problems
- Store, manipulate, and query data in a relational database using SQL
- Explain technical concepts in an interview format
- Integrate code and add new features into a larger application
We designed Introduction to Coding for individuals with little or no programming experience who are considering careers in programming.
Completing the course should take 90 hours.* However, the time you spend on each Quest will depend on your previous experience and understanding so actual completion times can vary widely.
*Remember that this course combines the content from four micro-courses—Object-Oriented Programming, Programming in Java, Data Structures, and Relational Databases and SQL—into one course.
Is Introduction to Coding not quite the right fit for you? Maybe you don't have the time right now for the full experience or you already have skills related to one or more of the quests? No problem! Each topic is offered as a separate, shorter course, so you can customize your upskilling experience. Check out the other StormSurge offerings for alternative paths to success.